North Edinburgh Drug Advice Centre

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
North Edinburgh Drug Advice Centre

NEDAC

2 posters

Ways to detox

Deek

Ways to detox Empty Ways to detox

Post  Deek Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:20 am

hey man, there are loads of ways to do this, and ah would agree you dont want to stay on meth for a long time, ah know coz I have done this. You can ask to start on subutex or the new one which I cant remember what its called and if this dont work you could then try the meth. But if your up for it you can just cold turkey it and get it over with, but i would say get soemone to speak to for after it coz the detox is the easy bit, sortin the heed out after is hard..

good luck wi it affraid

Ways to detox Empty Ways to detox

Post  Guest Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:39 pm

I am using heroin, Diff's, meth and valium just now and am thinking about trying to stop. This is the first time I have done this. I have been using for about 10 yrs and manage to hold down a job and house and look after my family. It is now time for me to kick this into touch. I know there are different ways to detox and dont want a long detox on methadone. I have heard about subutex and know I could cold turkey it but really am looking for advice and info so I can decide what is best for me. Could you also tell me who I should go to first to speak about this.